Tuesday, February 10, 2009

mein Wochenende

Nils and Sabine had invited friend for dinner Friday evening and had asked that I watch after Max and Tom.  After dinner, we went into my room where we often have parties during situations like these.  We made a maze from the bed, to the couch, across the floor back to the bed.  No one was allowed to touch the ground or they would be eaten by crocodiles.  It was quite fun.  Then we watched Shrek which I have probably seen now at least 20 times before heading to bed.  Everything went fairly smooth.  I had hoped to get the boys into bed without going upstairs and interrupting dinner but they insisted on saying goodnight which I really couldn't argue with.  After a little drama, both boys were in bed and sleeping by 10:15.  On Saturday evening, I went with Mara and some of her Uni friends to a 90er Partei in Heidelberg.  It was freezing outside and we had to wait online for nearly an hour but it was worth it.  All of the music was fantastic because it was music I knew from the 90s.  I would say that only about 5% were German songs.  It was fun to listen to everyone sing the chorus and then wane away when the more difficult english lyrics began.  Mara and Lea asked a few times what the actual words were.  We stayed out dancing until nearly 3 o'clock in the morning!  That's normal in Hamburg but a little less common in Heidelberg.  It was great fun!  On Sunday evening, I took the tram too Leutershausen to meet Annika for dinner before we attended a comedy performance.  She had bought all of the fixings for vegetarian chili.  It was wonderful and quite simple.  We walked to the show, which was being held in the elementary school.  I think that I only understood about 15% of the performance as much of it went over my head.  It was still quite enjoyable as there were two skits about Obama and Bush.  It is always interesting to see how involved Germany is with the rest of the world while the States only seems to be interested in itself.  That is a hefty comment to make but it is embarrassing when foreigners know more about your country than you do!  Overall it was a wonderful weekend : )

No comments: