Wednesday, September 17, 2008

a new week

My room is on the ground floor and I have a door that leads straight out onto the driveway. I also have a full wall of widows in front of my desk which grant me this wonderful view all day, everyday! The sun has been shining in the bright blue sky but I should mention that the highest temperature that has been reached in the last few days is only 60 degrees. Fall has arrived! On Sunday I met a new friend, Mara, at the Neuenheim Marktplatz and we made our way up the Philosophenweg, an extremely steep path that leads to the best views of Heidelberg. We had a wonderful morning huffing and puffing and decided we should attempt to make our way up the path once a month so that I could document the changing seasons over the next year. In the afternoon I met my cousin, Annika, to spend some time in the Altstadt. She showed me all the places to have fun on a Friday night. I'm excited to see for myself! Last night a package arrived in the mail so Max wanted to turn the box into a robot costume. Sabine explained how to cut out an area for the neck and both the arms and then poke holes in the back to thread string. It was hysterical watching Max run around flailing his arms about. I wish I had taken a picture. I hope he will wear it again tonight so that I will have the chance.

No comments: